Monday, January 01, 2007

It's 2007!

It is now 2007 officially here in New Zealand and the first thing that I am doing this year is to get on a plane and head to Morocco! Super swell! I am excited but don't exactly know what to expect. We have one week of the six week trip planned out completely. We are going to be hiking through the Atlas mountains and staying with the local Berber tribes (Berbers are the local people that were here before the Arabs arrived). This is going to be a great oppportunity to see local culture and see some of the great scenery of Morocco. The last two days of our trip we are hoping to do a camel-back trip through the Sahara desert and climb on the huge sand dunes. During the month of January we don't know what we are going to do yet. We are hoping to find some volunteer opportunities to be able to work with and help out people.

As I am now going to be in an Islamic country-with all of the "freedoms" that Islam offers-please be considerate when emailing me. If you don't know what I mean, send me an email and ask me and I will tell you in more detail. Thanks for your consideration regarding this.

Also to let you know that I am now 3 1/2 months in on the Nazarite vow I have taken during the course of this school. Basically involves no shaving or trimming the beard, no drinking grapes, wine or any other product comes from the vine. More detail in Numbers 6. Take a look if you want. I am going to shave on Feb 24, the day of graduation. As always I will take pictures and post them before the beard comes off. It is getting ridiculously long right now and the moustache is really starting to get in the food ALL the time. I will be glad to get rid of it I think.

Hope you are all well back at home. Looking forward to seeing you and hearing from you when you get a chance. Please keep us in your prayers also. Finances and direction (especially for the month of January). Thanks very much. Lots of love from New Zealand and soon to be Morocco.

2 Comments:

At 6:50 a.m. , Blogger A L said...

hey jesse mr comfortable man! yay i found your blog! just googled your name and blogger is great for showing up top in searches!! i don't have time to read your blog at this moment, but i've bookmarked it and i'll be sure to come back and take some time and read! come visit my blog too! anyway, i will try and make sure i keep certain words out etc since you're away from oxford etc... bless you! miss you already! praying for ya lots! ~ali

 
At 2:23 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year buddy. I enjoy hearing of your travels and look forward to your safe return. Thanks for the updates.
Doug

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home