Not what I expected
So after being away for 6 months I have finally arrived back at home in Canada. It is so nice to be back and sleeping in a real bed for the first time in half a year. No sooner did I get my stuff unpacked then I started to fast and pray and seek the Lord's direction for my future. What does it involve? Where does it involve? The following is a bit of explanation...
The longest term goal that I have right now is to step into the leadership of SFC Fernie. This will start next winter season and will involve working with the internship program that was started this year as well as organization, spiritual leadership, working with the church and community, etc. It is very exciting and I am honoured to be a part of this wonderful ministry that I personally know has had a huge impact on many lives. My short term goal is to staff another school in New Zealand and the only one that doesn't overlap with the winter season in any way is the upcoming AW80 that starts in April. WHAT?! April, wow that is much much quicker than I expected. That can't be right God?... But along with some very specific answered prayers, unexpected provision, many open doors I am being lead in this direction. Not the easiest of choices as there are two weddings that I won't be able to attend, lots of time spent hanging out with the family that I will be missing, yet another Aarsen family reunion that I will be missing out on (I am blessed with an amazing family!), quiet times with God spent fly-fishing on the river in the early morning, etc. But I will have a chance to again be a part of something that is big and worldwide. I will get the privilege of being involved with people who are making huge decisions for God. I will get to see God work in specific ways yet again, answer prayers. I will get to be a part of the students growth and to encourage them to step out and make a difference in the world. I will get to make many more close relationships. I will be challenged in many many ways but I will get a chance to grow through these and God will work on me that I can know Him better. I will get to experience God in a closer way. It is going to be amazing.
A major item of prayer for me right now is the rest of the finances that I will need to pay for the school. Being at home for less than three weeks does not allow me to work very much at all but I am doing everything that I can right now to raise as much money as possible. Which includes letting people know about my needs. God has already been working in many ways to cause things to come together for this to happen and I trust that will continue. If He has laid it on your heart to donate, please contact myself at jesse.aarsen@gmail.com or through the base in Oxford:
YWAM Oxford
PO Box 47
Oxford, North Canterbury 7443
New Zealand
Thank you so much for your understanding and support. Knowing that I was being prayed for and hearing all the little encouragements from you guys made it sooo much easier to be away from home for so long and really helped me through the tougher times. I love all of you and can't wait to really have a chance to sit down and catch up. I leave on Mar 27 and I will be back at the end of September. I will continue to post updates here, hopefully shorter ones on a more regular basis.

1 Comments:
i'm praying for you! you're an admirable man!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home